Duties and responsibilities
- Answerable to the Deputy Clerk of the House
- Handles all cases both civil and criminal involving the House.
- Deals mainly with advising on legal issues particularly in relation to the Constitution as the grand norm.
- Ensure that all legally related issues are subjected to constitutional interpretations before given necessary advice to the House
- Carryout research work on any proposed bill or law meant for amendment or repeal.
- Checks laws that are outdated in the statute books for repealing or amendment
- Any other duty may be assigned by the Clerk or Deputy Clerk